Age to Begin Lessons
(Ages seven and up):
Guitar Lessons for Children: We typically suggest beginning guitar lessons for ages seven and up. Children younger than seven can take the guitar as well but the right approach and teacher is important.
A couple of things to remember for younger students:
- Be sure that you pick the right size guitar. There are plenty of guitars sized for children to pick from. If you have questions as to what and where to buy please Contact Us and we will help guide you to the right decision.
- Learning guitar can be hard on a beginner’s fingers. This is something to be aware of at any age but especially for children. With enough practice the student’s fingers should toughen up.
- When choosing a guitar be sure that the strings do not sit too far off of the fret board. The further you have to push in the tougher it is on the fingers.
- Some students choose Electric guitar simply because the strings tend to be easy to push in and therefore a little easier on the fingers.
Guitar Lessons for Teens: A teenager and guitar just seem to go together. Typically, it can be tough to teach teens a musical instrument but guitar tends to be the exception. Teens can easily learn their favorite songs and guitar riffs while the teacher sneaks in the technique and theory to make sure they are getting a full music education. We make sure that we match each student with a guitar teacher that meets the demands of not only the instrument but also the age of the student.
Guitar Lessons for Adults: Whether an adult is a total beginner or an amateur Eddie Van Halen Mobile Music Academy has an instructor that is right for them. We make sure that each adult has a teacher and lesson program designed for their needs and goals.
Discover the Joy of Guitar
Learn to Sing in the comfort of your home:
- No more worries about traffic
- Save money on gas
- No more “Taxi Driver” Parents – Save Mom and Dad from one more trip to make
- Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced lessons taught.
Instructors you can believe in:
Learn the guitar from our talented, caring instructors. More than just skilled musicians, our instructors have the “Heart of a Teacher”; their passion is to teach each student the joy of playing the guitar. Acoustic or Electric, Rock, Country, or Jazz we have Guitar Teacher for just about any style or method that you wish to learn.
Each Mobile Music Academy Guitar Teacher has gone through a thorough interview process including a background check. We take our music lessons seriously and only choose the top candidates as our guitar instructors.