Our guitar teachers teach rock, blues, metal, country and classical guitar lessons on electric and acoustic guitars. Beginning Guitar students can expect to work on chords, simple songs and melodies, sight reading and theory. We balance musicianship and fun by making sure that each lesson you are challenged with a new technical or theory concept, but always end with something fun such as your favorite riff or song. We use a variety of guitar method books to accomplish this and encourage students to learn their favorite tunes.
Learn to play the Guitar in the comfort of your home:
Take the hassle out of your guitar lessons.
- No more worries about traffic
- Save money on gas
- No more "Taxi Driver" Parents - Save Mom and Dad from one more trip to make
- Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced lessons taught.
Guitar Instruction you can believe in:
Learn the guitar from our talented, caring instructors. More than just skilled musicians, our instructors have the "Heart of a Teacher"; their passion is to teach each student the joy of playing the guitar. Acoustic or Electric, Rock, Country, or Jazz we have Guitar Teacher for just about any style or method that you wish to learn.
Each Mobile Music Academy Guitar Teacher has gone through a thorough interview process including a background check. We take our music lessons seriously and only choose the top candidates as our guitar instructors.
Guitar Teachers matched to you:
We take the time to learn about each student's needs and goals and then match the “right” guitar instructor to the student. No matter the age, style or skill level we have a teacher that is the right fit for each student.
Age to Begin Guitar Lessons (Ages Seven and Up):
Guitar Lessons for Children: We typically suggest beginning guitar lessons for ages seven and up. Children younger than seven can take the guitar as well but the right approach and teacher is important.
A couple of things to remember for younger students:
- Be sure that you pick the right size guitar. There are plenty of guitars sized for children to pick from. If you have questions as to what and where to buy please Contact Us and we will help guide you to the right decision.
- Learning guitar can be hard on a beginner’s fingers. This is something to be aware of at any age but especially for children. With enough practice the student’s fingers should toughen up.
- When choosing a guitar be sure that the strings do not sit too far off of the fret board. The further you have to push in the tougher it is on the fingers.
- Some students choose Electric guitar simply because the strings tend to be easy to push in and therefore a little easier on the fingers.
Guitar Lessons for Adults: Whether an adult is a total beginner or an amateur Eddie Van Halen Mobile Music Academy has an instructor that is right for them. We make sure that each adult has a teacher and lesson program designed for their needs and goals.